This literally makes my mouth water every time I make it and it’s soooooooooo easy!! I know it’s not all that hygienic, but when I make this for myself and my lovely other half, I lick the spoon every time I stir the sauce…whoops! Anyway, it was steak night tonight so I made our favourite sauce to go with it. There is a steak under there somewhere I promise!
And this is how easy it is;
(covers 2 steaks generously)
- Take two thin, or one thick slice of smoked bacon and chop it up in to very small pieces.
- Fry in a tiny bit of oil until really crispy.
- Add 150ml of double cream and heat through gently.
- Add 1oz of Stilton cheese and stir gently until melted.
- Leave to thicken on a low heat then serve with the steak of your choice and green veggies.