So, as some of you will know, I’m on a new diet, and on said diet I have had to come to terms with certain foods being bad and certain foods being good that I have (until now) always viewed the opposite way round. Previously I ate heavy carbs every day and included them in all my evening meals with pasta, potatoes or rice present every day. But those days are over! I will enjoy them again, but in a healthier and much less obsessive way. In turn I have been looking at alternatively filling dinner options without the use of such carbs and the other night, I came up with this tasty option!
(serves 2 to 3)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 small turkey breasts
- 4-5 rashers of smoked bacon
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 300ml of double cream
- salt & pepper
- cabbage, kale or spinach (your choice)
- Chop your onion and garlic together and put it in a heavy bottomed pan with a nob of butter.
- Halve the carrot length ways and then slice thinly, then add it to the pan.
- Cook together until the carrot starts to soften.
- Cut your turkey and bacon in to small pieces and add them to the pan. Keep on a mid to high heat until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and the peas and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, add a generous amount of pepper and a pinch of salt (your bacon will make it a little salty) and stir.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over a bed of cabbage, kale or spinach…or a mixture of all three!
My other half didn’t stop raving about this one…he seems to be enjoying meals more now than he did before!
Weight count: 8.2lbs in two weeks!