The other night I pulled some lamb out of the freezer and fancied doing something a little different with it. It was a batch of thin ‘lamb escalopes’ and when ever I think escalopes, I think breaded, which was what gave me the inspiration to cook them this way;
- I lined up the lamb and smeared them with Dijon mustard.
- I broke two eggs in to a bowl and whisked them up with salt, pepper and a little bit of paprika.
- I poured out some fine breadcrumbs on to another plate and I was good to go.
- I got some oil in a pan nice and hot then prepped the meat.
- First dipped in the egg, then straight in to the breadcrumbs to get an all over coating.
- Then in to the pan!
- Lamb doesn’t take much cooking as it’s best tender so I just did a few minutes on each side.
I served this with sweet potato mash, green vegetables, gravy and mint sauce…excuse me, my mouth just started watering, I may have to make this again!