I have just attended the most fantastic wedding in Cornwall which now gives me the opportunity to share with you two of my latest creations.
Not only did I make my dress for the wedding, I also made one of the three bridesmaid dresses that were on show that day…and I’m pretty proud of how things turned out.
All three dresses were made in the same fabric but as the bridesmaids were in different locations, all were made by different people. I made Claire’s dress which was floor length with a fully lined bodice, side zip closure and organza detailing.
Every time I make a dress I learn a little more but it wasn’t until I made my dress for the day that I had my long awaited ZIP BREAKTHROUGH!!
No word of a lie, for some reason hidden zips have eluded me for years…but suddenly, when going through the instructions for this dress, the complicated sleeves, the lining, the interfacing…it all became clear! I knew exactly what I had to do and I did it. I could have cried it looked so good! Dresses will never be the same again.
You’ll have to excuse the bunching at the bottom, yet I made it long enough for heels but wore it here with flips flops…I happened to be taking the photos that day too so had a lot of running around to do! You can expect a blog post with that wedding snapshot in a couple of weeks.
If you’d like to see more details of the dresses please visit the WEAR IT album for more photos.