An easy peasy little pasta sauce for those nights when you can’t be bothered to do anything more.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 big garlic cloves
- 2 red chili’s (depending on your taste)
- 25-30 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 pork sausages
- Half a jar of red pesto
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chop the onion, chili and garlic and put in to a hot pan with the olive oil. Cook until the onions have softened.
- Peel the skin from the sausages and break up the meat in to small chunks.
- Add the sausage to the pan and brown lightly.
- Slice all of the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan with any juices left on the chopping board.
- Stir occasionally over a medium heat and allow the tomatoes to soften and release all their juice, for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the half jar of red pesto and mix in well. Put on the lid and leave to cook over a low heat while your pasta is cooking, normally around ten minutes.
I normally serve this with a spicy sausage tortellini with plenty of cheese on top!